Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 by numbers

A New Year brings lots of reflection.  As I was thinking over 2008, God began to show me how much happened in 2008, and how different life is now from how it was a year ago.  So I had an idea: why not look at the numbers that made a difference in 2008.  It's a little goofy, I know, but hopefully it's fun, too.  And if you want to get together a list of your own numbers, I'd love to see it!  Enjoy!  :)

5 days in the real estate market... God still does miracles!
1 huge yard sale
38 trips to Goodwill & Miracle Hill
3 computer crashes (Anybody need a new boat anchor?)
1 new Macbook :D
5 months at Mom & Dad's
2 new favorite games (check out In a Pickle and Apples to Apples)
1 scary moment at Red Robin
23 sub jobs
4 countries
547 pictures of Zeke
20 blog postings (more in 2009, I promise!)
8 days in Israel
5 teammates in Uganda
2 new wheels... attached to a new red bike
9 shots
34 referrals on 6th graders (I really don't miss teaching!)
1 root canal
3 quilts (that's right... I made them!)
too many cups of coffee to count
4 African masks
9 weeks in Richmond
13 Chapman Lady Panthers basketball games (love you, Fred!)
5 sick days in Thailand.... ugh
2 great weeks at Isle of Palms
uncounted blessings of new friends, going all over the world
3 scarecrows... how I miss them!
lots and lots of tearful goodbyes.... and more to come

No comments: