Thursday, January 15, 2009

Be Strong and Courageous

As I was reading Joshua 1, I noticed some repetition that almost jumped off the page at me. Joshua and the Israelites use the phrase “be strong and courageous” four times as they prepare to enter the Promised Land. And since I’m going to what I feel is my own “promised land,” I think I understand why. God doesn’t give us reminders of things we remember well. He doesn’t tell us not to fear if we’re cool, calm, and collected. He encourages us when He knows we need it. He knows us that well.

So why did He draw me to Joshua 1 as I sat on a plane going to Africa? Hmmm… I wonder???

1 comment:

Lee said...

aaah, i was just reading Joshua 1 this week, i think on wed. too. the mix of solemn charge and breathtaking adventure always catches me...