Thursday, April 23, 2009

40/40 Day 2- On the way there....

I can’t say that I’m completely thrilled about the idea of going through a month of living in the wilderness. I am not. At all. This is NOT my idea of a good time. This is miles and miles and miles away from my comfort zone. But at the same time, I know that God has called me to do His work in His places, and in His ways. He has put me in Africa for the next 18 months, for better or worse. And honestly, I think it will be for better. God is going to do some amazing things through me and in me.

I am looking at things I have never seen before. The Kalahari Desert. Mount Kilimanjaro. And it blows my mind to think that the God who created me and brought me here is the same One who made these amazing things. It just shows me that He doesn’t need me to accomplish His purposes. He could do it all on His own, without any of us. But He loves us, and because He loves us, He wants to give us the pleasure and the honor of being a part of what He’s doing. And why would I ever think that the God Who does all this wouldn’t get me through the next month?

How could I stand here with You
And not be moved by You?
You tell me
How could it be
Any better than this?

You’re all I want
You’re all I need
You’re everything, everything.

“Everything” by Lifehouse

No comments: