Friday, October 23, 2009

Ha Ha Ha

Have you ever felt like God was laughing at you? Now, I don’t mean those moments when you do something goofy and everyone, including you, giggles. I mean, has the irony of your life ever been so great that you could just see the Creator of the Universe crumbling into a belly-laugh that makes thunder roll? That is exactly where my life is right now.

Before I came to Africa, I lived alone for seven years. I was a teacher for four years, which may be one of the most solitary professions there is. I’m a huge extrovert, and I love being around people, but when it came to my life, I was on my own and in control.

When I moved to Virginia a year ago to begin my training, my partner Kelli became my roommate. Sandra, Roommate #2, moved in 3 weeks ago. In less than 18 months, I’ve gone from being totally on my own to having two roommates! But that’s not all…

In January, we have a team of four semester volunteers coming to work with us for 4 months. Know were the two girls, Jessica and Bridgette, will be living? You guessed it—the Arua branch of the Baptist Sorority House. Go ahead and raise my roommate count to 4!

I know that I am a control freak, There are some things that I want done the right way… which is, of course, my way. I knew when I moved to Africa that a big part of my experience would simply be the Father refining areas of my character. I just didn’t know that living in a household of 5 women would be a part of it! Pray for me… and my roommates. We’re al gonna need it!

…being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

1 comment:

David Pope said...

Can you believe it was ONE YEAR ago that we were planning CC Worship Services?