Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SweeTarts

I’m eating SweeTarts and thinking about home.  SweeTarts were one of the (many) candies my grandmother always kept on hand.  I had a craving for them a few weeks ago, who knows why, and Kelli’s mom and dad brought a few boxes out with them when they came to visit.   Tonight I broke out the SweeTarts… and they immediately transported me back to Taylors, to my grandmother’s kitchen table where my cousins and I would sort packets out by color.  SweeTarts also wound up in our movie snack packs, also known as plastic baggies full of candy we snuck into the movies to keep from buying popcorn.  I know it's totally random, and one of those things that I never would have thought, "SweeTarts make me feel like I'm 7..." but turns out, they do!  What is it about the little things that take you back to your childhood?  

No comments: