Friday, September 12, 2008

God's laughing at me!

Every now and then, I can be sure I hear the sound of holy laughter... and I'm pretty sure I'm the butt of the joke! I am SO not the wilderness chick... but the highlight of my day yesterday was pulling my toiletry bag and SteriPen water purifier out of the box. I can't believe I'm getting excited about trail shoes and CamelBaks and mountain bikes! What's even more unnerving is knowing that I haven't even left for Uganda yet... who knows how far out of my comfort zone God's going to get me over there!

On a side note... I have decided that if I ever live in the States and am in a situation where I don't need a job with health insurance or a guaranteed minimum salary (i.e., if I'm married to a husband with a great job!) I will DEFINITELY work as a substitute teacher. Gotta love a job where you show up at 8, go home at 3:30, and have nothing to do to get ready for the next day. A girl can dream, can't she?

1 comment:

Kim. D said...

I love that you're blogging! It's such a great way for us to keep up with your journey!
Let's get some of your beautiful "glamour shots" on here!