Friday, September 19, 2008

Lonely at home

It's weird. One of the things I've been struggling with lately is a feeling of loneliness... and I haven't left yet. Between not working and not being as involved as usual at Grace, I feel more cut off from my friends than normal. I know people have their lives and responsibilities, and I have things I have to be doing to prepare for Uganda and Orientation, but I still feel lonely. (Reminds of the first year after I graduated from Winthrop...) In a weird way, it feels like people here have written me off, like I'm already gone... but I'm not. And I don't mean to be griping or complaining. It's just what I've been struggling with recently. Ok. I won't whine any more. At least not today, anyway...

3 comments:

Andi Fansher said...

Booo...don't feel lonely. You know, I kind-of assumed you would be too busy to do anything and I didn't want to bother you. I am so glad you planned dinner tonight! I know you don't have much time left, but if you need a shopping buddy or want to go get ice cream call me! I'd love to see you again. I'm so happy and excited for you.

W and Js mommy said...

Praying for you as you transition.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. This year has been a huge adjustment for me. I remind myself that I have friends like you and then I don't feel so lonely. You may not be here in person, but I know you are here in spirit because you have found a place in my heart that can never be filled by anyone else. I pray for you often and I'm so proud of you! I think it's cool that I have a friend as awesome as you. How is that for corny!!! Speaking of corny where did I put that bag of candy corn....I love October!

Love ya girl. Chin up!

Check out my blog deedavis.blogspot.com