Monday, August 25, 2008

It's official!

I got my official paperwork on Friday... and Uganda it is! It's been a huge relief to know for sure where I'm headed and what I'll be doing. Now, because I'm such a task-oriented person, I feel like there's so much I need to be doing and preparing for, and I really don't even know where to start. So I cleaned out my make-shift closet (again!) and bought some electrical adapters. That's about as far as I've gotten.

God has been so good in the past couple of weeks. My sweet friend, Ruth, works at North Greenville University and connected me with Jamie, who just got back last month from Uganda. We had lunch last week, and it was such a blessing! Turns out that Jamie did the same job I'll be doing, just in a different town, so she had some great insight and advice for me. I still feel really overwhelmed about the whole thing, and it's just surreal, but it's a good thing, and God is reminding me to go slowly, and in His grace. Isn't it just like Him, to put the people we need to encounter right in our path, at just the right time? I love the way He composes this amazing symphony of humanity!

This week should be interesting-- I'm subbing at my old school tomorrow and Thursday. Not sure how that will be, but at least it's a (small) paycheck. Sidenote- can I just say how much I've enjoyed not having to go back to school? Working is SO overrated! :) The family's all heading to the lake on Friday for Labor Day weekend. I'm looking forward to some good, laid-back family time... I'm trying to get as much Zeke/Fred/Charlie/Stan time in as I can!

1 comment:

Marsha Byers Mays said...

I hope that you had a nice time at the lake. Call me so we can plan your missionary shower. I am looking forward to it.