Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Swap Your Stuff

A few weeks ago, my sweet friend Joanna had a brilliant idea. In an effort to clean out her closets, she had a Swap Your Stuff party. And I have to say, I am a huge fam.

The basic idea was for everyone to go through their closets and bring all the stuff you didn’t want or need anymore. We brought it all to Joanna’s house, and whatever you wanted to take home, you were welcome to. No limits, no prices. Whoever saw something and could get to it first got to walk away with it.

It was a great night. I was able to clean out my closet, and everything I brought from home went away with someone else at the end of the night. And let me just say, I racked up. I walked away with loads of new books, a few new clothes, some Irish Crème coffee, an immersion blender (no blender in the Baptist Sorority house until now!), the board game Settlers of Canaan (not a typo… really… think of a map shaped like Israel!) and… wait for it… an ice cream machine!

I’d been debating over ice cream machines for a few weeks now, really wanting some good ice cream (which is VERY scarce in Arua), but not wanting to splurge on a 220-volt appliance I can’t take home next year. And now, praise the Lord, I have one for free—and I get to pass it on to a luck friend next year to boot!

So, to make a long story short, I highly recommend getting some friends together and having a Swap Your Stuff part. Who knows what treasures you’ll walk away with!

No comments: