Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When is it ever?

When I was in high school and college, I always felt like I got cheated. I had grown up in a Christian home, came to know Jesus when I was young, and fell in love with Him early. I didn't go through some of the traumatic experiences and phases other people my age did: I didn't get involved with the wrong crowd, didn't use drugs, had a fairly stable home life... you get the picture. I was grateful that I had been spared from those things, but still felt that my testimony was, well, boring.

As I went through some "adult trauma," my testimony evolved. The pain that I was spared in my youth I have now experienced... and by God's grace, I have made it through to the other side. He has brought me to a place I never would have been if I hadn't gone through these pains. I have experienced the passionate, amazing, can't-get-enough love of the Creator God. I have seen Him faithful to me in so many ways in the past few years, and He has truly been my Savior, my King, my Husband, my Everything. I focused on how He has provided for me with mercy and grace in the past few years. If you asked me to share my testimony, I would breeze right through coming to know the Lord as a child and tell you more about who He has been to me recently. I still thought my childhood testimony was boring.

When is the salvation of a soul BORING? The holy God of the universe rescues me from an eternity in Hell, and I call it BORING? A sinful child is still a sinner... and believe me, I was one! The Lord has shown me, once again, that I have no right to minimize His grace. He did not NEED me. He had no reason to take me in, even as a child, except that He LOVED me! Almighty Father, please forgive me for taking Your amazing sacrifice lightly. When is the Cross EVER boring???

No comments: